Digital Gonzo 154: Iron Man 3
After the deeply satisfying climax of Phase One, we are back to kick off Phase Two, starting here with this year’s Iron Man 3, followed next week by Thor: The Dark World, out in theaters now. Next year we’ll be back with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, then Guardians of the Galaxy and finally in 2015; Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Back from the Phase One I am joined tonight by members of my original team; Neil Taylor and Jerome McIntosh of GameBurst and Joshua Garrity of Cane and Rinse.
Now we have had a deluge of opinion on this movie, which itself has been rather divisive. Like Superman Returns, Man of Steel and Watchmen, Iron Man 3 provoked strong feeling from many people who were able to express them creatively in this ensemble piece. So this is another rather fascinating Dynamic Analysis, alternating essay material with round-table chat segments. See you in seven day for more Thor.
- Intro Chat and First Impressions
- Travis De Santis on Iron Man 2
- Glen Watts on Tony Stark
- Honest Trailers: Iron Man 3
- Alex Spencer on The Mandarin
- Nama Chibitty also on The Mandarin
- Mandarin Chat & Abandoned Concepts
- Jamas Enright on Pepper Potts
- Lorin Grieve on PTSD
- Music and Trevor chat
- Ryoma on the Iron Man Suit
- Andy Rodriguez on Avengers Phase 2
- How Iron Man 3 Should Have Ended
- Alex Shaw on the Path Interrupted
- The Future of the Avengers series chat
- The Avengers Sell Out
- Some Questions & Final Summation
- Extremis Motion Comic!